Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice“) sets out the basis which PACLIN OFFICE PRODUCTIONS (“Paclin“) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA“). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control.
- “Customer" means any individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about the goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“Personal data" means data whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified; (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include: name, NRIC, address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as bank account information.
- Other terms used in this notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (Where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us by your authorised representative after (i) you or your authorised representative have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect and use your personal data for any or all, of the following purposes :
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- sending you marketing information about our goods and services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (e.g. pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
- PRIVACY ON OUR WEBSITES
This policy applies to any personal data collected via our websites. Cookies may be used on some pages of our websites. “Cookies” are small text files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing a more customised website experience. Cookies are now used as a standard by many websites to improve users’ navigational experience. If individuals are concerned about cookies, visitors may refuse a cookie but other functionalities of the site may be impaired. After termination of the visit to our site, visitors can always delete the cookie from their system if they wish. For more information on our cookies policy, click here
- RECRUITMENT DATA PROTECTION POLICY
As part of our recruitment process, we collect necessary personal data for employment with our firm. During the recruitment and selection process, we may request for further information to assess the suitability for positions with our firm. In doing so, we only collect personal data that is necessary for recruitments decisions.
If you are a job applicant, personal data which we may collect includes, without limitation, your:
- Name or alias, date of birth, nationality, country, city of birth
- Mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and other contact details;
- Resume, educational qualifications, professional qualifications and certifications and employment references;
- Employment and training history
- Work-related health issues and disabilities; and
Your personal data will be collected and used by us for the following purposes and we any disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- Addressing and evaluating your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within the organisation; and
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided.
If you are an employee, personal data which we may collect in the context of your employment with us includes, without limitation, your:
- Name or alias, gender, NRIC/FIN or passport number, date of birth, nationality, country and city of birth;
- Mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and other contact details;
- Employment and training history
- Salary information and bank account details;
- Details of your next-of-kin, spouse and other family members;
- Work-related health issues, disabilities;
- Records on leave of absence from work;
- Photographs and other audio-visual information;
- Performance assessments and disciplinary records; and
- Any additional information provided to us by you as a job applicant (that is, prior to being engaged as an employee).
Your personal data will be collected and used by us for the following purposes and we may disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- Performing obligations under or in connection with your contract of employment with us, including payment of remuneration and tax;
- All administrative and human resources related matters within our organisation, including administering payroll, granting access to our premises and computer systems, processing leave applications, administering your insurance and other benefits, processing your claims and expenses, investigating any acts or defaults (or suspects acts or defaults) and developing human resource policies;
- Managing and terminating our employment relationship with you, including monitoring your internet access and your use of our email to investigate potential contraventions of our internal or external compliance regulations, and resolving any employment related grievances;
- Assessing and evaluating your suitability for employment/ appointment or continued employment/ appointment with any position within our organisation
- Ensuring business continuity for our organisation in the event that your employment with us is or will be terminated
- Performing obligations under or in connection with the provision of our goods or services to our clients;
- Marketing purposes including social media posts, testimonials for the website, banners, samples for customers (or any promotional material)
- Facilitating any proposed or confirmed merger, acquisition or business asset transaction involving any part of our organisation, or corporate restructuring process; and
- Facilitating our compliance with any laws, customers and regulations which may be applicable to us.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may download our access request form here and submit your form in person, post or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that an administrative fee of $25 may be charged for an access request. Additional charges may incur depending on the complexity of your request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA)
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until it is withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by downloading the form here and submitting your form request in person, via post or email to our Data Protection officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processes and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods and or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data is on a need-to-know basis only.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by information our Data Protection Officer via email or in writing at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, within 30 days for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- All data is process in-house (Singapore) and we generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services continues your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes
Effective date: [19/2/2020]
Last updated: [19/2/2020]