Data Protection Notice
PACLIN believes in the importance of the protection of your personal data.
This Data Protection Notices serves to provide you with detailed information regarding the protection of your personal data. The purpose of this Data Protection Notice is to let you know which personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we use and share such data, how long we keep it, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
Further information may be provided where necessary when you apply for, use a specific product or service.
1. Which Personal Data do we use about you
1.1 We collect and use your personal data to the extent necessary in the framework of our
activities and to achieve a high standard of personalised products and services.
1.2 Various types of personal data collect may include:
Identification information (e.g. name, ID card and passport numbers, nationality, place
and date of birth, gender, photograph, IP address);
- Contact information (e.g. postal address, email address, phone number);
- Family situation (e.g. marital status, number of children)
- Education and employment information (e.g. level of education, employment, employer’s name)
- Banking, financial and transactional data (e.g. bank account details, credit card number,money transfers);
- Client relationship
- Information related to your digital activities (e.g. IP address, browsing activity,geolocation etc.)
- Data relating to your habits and preferences
- Data which relates to your use of our products and services in relation with financial and transactional data;
- Data from your interactions with us: service reports, our internet website, meeting, calls,chat, email, interview, phone conversations
- Data concerning your hobbies and your interests
1.3 We would never ask for personal data related to your racial or ethnic origins, political
opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or data
concerning your sex orientation, unless required through a legal obligation.
1.4 The data we use about you may either be directly provided by you or be obtained from the following sources in order to verify or enrich our databases:
- Publications/databases made available by official authorities (e.g. official journal);
- Our corporate clients or service providers;
- Websites/social media pages containing information made public by you (e.g. your own website or social media); and
- Databases made publicly available by a third party
2. Specific Cases of Personal Data collection, including indirect collection
2.1 Depending on the circumstances, we may collect and use personal data of individuals with
whom we have, could have, or used to have a direct relationship with, such as:
For some reasons, we may also collect information about you whereas you have no direct relationship with us. This may happen for instance when your employer provides us with
information about you or your contact details provided by one of our clients if you are for
- Family members
- Legal representatives (Power of Attorney)
- Company shareholders
- Representatives of a legal entity (May be a client or vendor)
- Staff or service providers and commercial partners
- Personal contacts
3. Why and on which basis do we use your personal data
3.1 To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We use your personal data to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations that
- Banking and financial regulations in compliance
- Set up security measures in order to prevent abuse and fraud
- Detect transactions which deviate from the normal patterns
- Record, when necessary, phone calls, chats, email, etc
- Prevention of money-laundering and financing of terrorism
- Reply to an official request from a duly authorised public or judicial activity
3.2 To perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
We use your personal data to enter into and perform our contracts, including to:
- Provide you with information regarding our products and services
- Assist you and answer your requests;
- Evaluate if we can offer you a product or service and under which conditions; and
- Provide products or services to our corporate clients of whom you are an employee or a client (i.e. in the context of cash management)
3.3 To fulfil our legitimate interest
We use your personal data in order to deploy and develop our products or services to improve
our risk management and to defend our legal rights, including:
- Proof of transactions
- IT management, business continuity and IT security
- Establishing aggregated statistics, tests and models, for research and development, in order to improve the risk management of our company or inorder to improve existing products and services or create new ones;
- Personalising our products and/ or services to your through the improvement of quality and/or advertisements achieved by:
(a) Segmenting prospects and clients
(b) Analysing your habits and preferences in various channels (Chats, emails, messages,
visits to our websits etc.)
(c) Matching the products or services that you already hold or use with other data we
hold about you
(d) Customer service, including responses to your inquiries
(e) Improve and personalise your experience on our websites and applications
(f) Account maintenance including consumer loyalty programs associated with your
Your data may be aggregated into anonymised statistics that may be offered to professional
clients to assist them in developing their business. In this case, your personal data will never be disclosed and those receiving theses anonymised statistics will not be able to ascertain your identity.
3.4 To respect your choice if we requested your consent for a specific processing
Depending on the circumstances, we must require your consent to process your data, for
- Where the above purposes lead to automated decision-making, which products legal effects or which significantly affect you. At the point, we will inform you separately about the logic involved, as well as the significance and consequences of such processing
- If we need to carry out further processing for purposes other than those above in section 3, we will inform you and where necessary, obtain your consent.
- For interaction on social networks for the purposes of running contests
4. Who do we share your personal data with
In order to fulfil the aforementioned purposes, we only disclose your personal data to
- Service providers which perform services on our behalf
- Independent agents, intermediaries or brokers banking and commercial partners, with which we have regular relationship;
- Financial or judicial authorities, state agencies or public bodies, upon request and to the extent permitted by law
- Certain regulated professionals such as lawyers, notaries or auditors
5. How long do we keep your personal data for
We will retain your personal data for the longer of the period required in order to comply with
applicable laws and regulations or another period with regard to our operational requirements,such as proper account maintenance, facilitating client relationship management, and responding to legal claims or regulatory requests.
Your data will be kept for the duration of our relations (E.g. subscription to a newletter) and kept for a maximum of 2 years after the end of this relationship. For prospects, information is kept for 2 years.
6. What are your rights and how can you exercise them
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
You can obtain information elating to the processing of your personal data and a copy of such personal data
You can require your personal data be modified accordingly should you consider that such
personal data are inaccurate or incomplete.
You can require the deletion of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law
You can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data
You can object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your situation.You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling related to such direct marketing.
To withdraw your consent:
Where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the
right to withdraw your consent at any time
To data portability:
Where legally applicable, you have the right to have the personal data you have provided to
us be returned to you or where technically feasible, transferred to a third party.
IF you wish to exercise the rights listed above, please send a letter to the following address:
Ubi Rd 3, #04-03/04/05 Ubiplex 1, Block 3023, Singapore 408663
* Please include a scan/copy of your identity card for identification purposes.
In accordance with applicable regulation, in addition to your rights above, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
7. How can you keep up with changes to this Data Protection Notice
In times of continual technological changes, we may need to regularly update our Data Protection Notice.
We encourage you to review the latest version of this notice online and we will inform you of any material changes through our website or through our other usual communication channels.
8. How to contact us
If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data under this Data Protection
Notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer Correspondent who will investigate your
Telephone number: +65 67429255
Address: Ubi Rd 3, #04-03/04/05 Ubiplex 1, Block 3023, Singapore 408663